My Child’s Development
Quality early learning, whether at home, in child care, or preschool, helps all children reach their promise for success in school and in life. Every parent wants their child to be safe, well cared for and to be given a variety of learning opportunities. Many parents have questions regarding the developmental milestones of their children. Community Connections for Children is here to help.
Community Connections for Children has a multitude of brochures and resources at your disposal to assist you with your child development questions. Our staff can provide you with practical advice on child development, parenting and balancing work and family.
Sample topics could include but are not limited to:
- Why does my child bite?
- How do I know if my child is ready for potty training?
- What if my 3-year old doesn’t want to play with other children?
- How do I play with my nine month old baby?
- What are the milestones I should look for at each age level?
An excellent on-line resource to assist you in what to expect as your child develops—and what to do if you have questions or concerns along the way can be found at www.papromiseforchildren.com.
If you have concerns regarding your child’s development, contact:
• Pennsylvania’s CONNECT Helpline at 1-800-692-7288 for information about your child’s development and connecting to Early Intervention services in Pennsylvania.
• Child Care Works Helpline at 1-877-4-PA-KIDS (1-877-472-5437) for information about finding, paying for and other concerns related to child care.