Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
Attention DHS Certified Family Child Care Homes and Relative/Neighbor Providers:
Community Connections for Children is now a sponsoring agency for 21 counties in Pennsylvania! You can be partially reimbursed for serving healthy meals to the children in your care. HOW? Join the Child Care Food Program and let us sponsor you!
- Do you want to make a lasting impact on the health and wellness of those in your care?
- Would you like to offer healthier meals and snacks?
- Would you like to receive funding to supplement the cost of serving healthy meals and snacks?
Consider participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program. Be part of promoting good nutrition and positive health habits for children.
What is the Child Care Food Program (CACFP)?
The Child and Adult Care food program is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) through the PA Department of Education. The primary goal of this program is to help children receive nutritious meals while introducing them to a variety of different types of food. The exposure of good nutrition at an early age benefits children by promoting healthy eating habits to last throughout their lives.
Community Connections for Children program sponsorship is available to children birth through 12 years of age who are in care in a DHS certified group or a family child care home.
Relative/Neighbor providers located in York County are also able to participate under our sponsorship.
THE CACFP BENEFITS your business and your families. Studies show that a key indicator of a quality child care home is participation in the CACFP. Your food costs count as a business expense, so you only pay taxes on the amount of reimbursement that is more than your food expense.
YOUR CACFP SPONSOR makes a difference. Choose Community Connections for Children
Under our sponsorship, you receive:
- Downloadable forms online.
- Email, mail or fax your monthly menus.
- Recipe ideas and guidance in menu planning.
- Free resources given throughout the year.
- Annual training held live or via online webinar.
- FREE, easy electronic tracking and submission using Minute Menu KidKare.
Join us in promoting good nutrition and positive health habits for children.
Participation in the CACFP is FREE!
CONTACT US TODAY TO GET STARTED!
Call: 717-854-2273 or 1-800-864-4925 | Email: email@example.com