Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)

Attention DHS Certified Family Child Care Homes and Relative/Neighbor Providers:

Community Connections for Children is now a sponsoring agency for 21 counties in Pennsylvania! You can be partially reimbursed for serving healthy meals to the children in your care. HOW? Join the Child Care Food Program and let us sponsor you!

  • Do you want to make a lasting impact on the health and wellness of those in your care?
  • Would you like to offer healthier meals and snacks?
  • Would you like to receive funding to supplement the cost of serving healthy meals and snacks?

Consider participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program. Be part of promoting good nutrition and positive health habits for children.

What is the Child Care Food Program (CACFP)?

The Child and Adult Care food program is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) through  the PA Department of Education. The primary goal of this program is to help children receive nutritious meals while introducing them to a variety of different types of food.  The exposure of good nutrition at an early age benefits children by promoting healthy eating habits to last throughout their lives.
Community Connections for Children program sponsorship is available to children birth through 12 years of age who are in care in a DHS certified group or a family child care home.

Relative/Neighbor providers located in York County are also able to participate under our sponsorship.

Learn more about the USDA Child & Adult Care Food Program

THE CACFP BENEFITS your business and your families. Studies show that a key indicator of a quality child care home is participation in the CACFP. Your food costs count as a business expense, so you only pay taxes on the amount of reimbursement that is more than your food expense.

Click Here to: Learn why it’s always financially beneficial to be on the CACFP.

Click Here to: View more ways the CACFP benefits YOU.

YOUR CACFP SPONSOR makes a difference.  Choose Community Connections for Children

Under our sponsorship, you receive:

  • Downloadable forms online.
  • Email, mail or fax your monthly menus.
  • Recipe ideas and guidance in menu planning.
  • Free resources given throughout the year.
  • Annual training held live or via online webinar.
  • FREE, easy electronic tracking and submission using Minute Menu KidKare.

Join us in promoting good nutrition and positive health habits for children.

Participation in the CACFP is FREE!

Still unsure? Watch this video debunking the most common objections to joining the program.


Call: 717-854-2273 or 1-800-864-4925  |  Email:

Click here to see what is needed for a child care provider to participate.


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.